We're your one stop scale model
This is a partial list of product announcements. It is not a full list. There are too many
products coming and not enough time to list all of them. If there is something that you are
interested in that you don't see listed please contact us.
Unless otherwise noted items are HO scale. Please note that most of
these dates are estimated US arrival dates. Arrival in Canada may be weeks to
Items are removed from this page sometime after they have arrived in the store.
| Colour Codes |
|| O || HO
| HO || Rapido Trains
Due to the large number of Rapido trains Announcements I have created a separate Rapido Trains Announcements web page.
| November 28, 2019
As many of the announcements formerly on this page have arrived, been cancelled or delayed until who knows when, I have
purged most of them and started over.
| November 28, 2019
| HO || Athearn
Athearn has announced Canadian Pacific Railway GP9s in Maroon & Grey Block and Script Lettering.
Four roadnumbers - DC or DCC and Sound. Orders by late December 2019 for delivery late November 2020.
| CPR Script GP9 Rd# 8506
| CPR Script GP9 Rd# 8512
| CPR Block Lettering GP9 Rd# 8487
| CPR Block Lettering GP9 Rd# 8495
- Passenger service
- Phase Ia
- Footboards with slotted steps
- “ Pipe ” handrail stanchions
- Inward railing bend at ends
- Front as-built Pyle-National “barrel” headlights
- Forward radiator intake grilles include striping trim
- Steam generator intake
- “ Peacock ” hand brake stand with brake wheel
- Rooftop mounted air tanks with cooling coil and piping
- Canadian-style winterization hatch
- CP passenger skirts with slots
- Four hose M.U. clusters with silver glad-hands
- Early coupler cut levers
- Drop step mounted in the vertical position
- Dual early M.U. stand with M.U. and field loop connections
- Slotted cab steps
- Standard battery box doors
- Raised seam and rectangular vent on right side of nose
- Separately applied windshield wipers
- See through cab windows
- Early short hood forward cab interior
- Cab side panel with gutter
- Mirrors/wind deflectors mounted fore of cab side windows
- Nathan K-3 air horn
- Large Sinclair antenna
- 1200+1200 gallon fuel tank
- Rd#s #8506 & 8512: Later scheme with script lettering
- Rd#s #8487 & 8495: Earlier scheme with block lettering. No steam generator. Standard air tanks & skirts.
|HO || BlackStone Models |
Blackstone models has announced two new HOn3 locomotives, a K-28 Mikado and a K-36
Mikado. Available only with DCC and sound, there are five model each in varying herald.
Estimated MSRP is $ ???.??9 US$ and is subject to change. Delivery expected in 202?.
The project is delayed until - 202?.
Please see: Blackstone for details.
2825 Grandview Hwy, Vancouver, BC
Canada, V5M 2E1
Phone 1-604-431-0771, Fax 1-604-431-9855
Orders Only 1-888-7TRAINS (1-888-787-2467)
Page and Contents Copyright Central Hobbies 2015 - 2020.